Operates wood moulding equipment, maintaining production records and communications associated with activities of equipment, product and customers specifications. Assumes responsibility of the moulder, its mechanical condition and safe operation, performance in product quality and production output. Responsible for housekeeping, proper material utilization, employee relationships and support company goals.
- Reads work order to determine profile type to determine machine setup procedures and type of wood stock to be cut.
- Selects and installs cutting heads and all related tooling on machine according to pattern to be run.
- Runs wood stock through moulder and inspects for proper profile specifications and makes any required adjustments before producing order.
- Operates machine, cutting wood to customer specifications and following production schedule.
- Periodically checks for proper lengths and quality. Changes tooling when worn.
- Completes production records indicating quantity, footage produced, profiles, species, customer identification etc.
- Trains and assist in orientation of newly hired employees.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to operate machinery safely and determine when maintenance is needed.
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude and able to use hand tools, read blue prints and measuring instruments.
- Possess basic knowledge and skill in the use of a computer.
- Attention to detail & experience working in fast paced environment.
- Positive attitude, and Self-motivated.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months machine operating experience and/or training;
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work all scheduled shifts of Monday-Friday, 7am to 3:30pm, and overtime when necessary.
Along with many opportunities for career growth, Ferche Millwork, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package that supports our employees' wellness and financial security. Some of those benefits include the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options.
- Employer paid life and long term disability
- Additional voluntary insurances.
- Vacation accrual policy - eligible to use vacation after 90 days of employment