Summary of Position
Work with limited supervision in a team environment and perform many duties assigned by the supervisor. Must meet work and production schedules while producing products to customer specifications and expectations. Assumes responsibility of positions assigned, performs duties in a safe manner producing products meeting all quality standards and production output. Maintains communications associated with activities of the department and employee relationships supporting company goals. Advancement possible.
Full-time standard day shift is 7am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday - start and ending times will vary when overtime is needed.
Full-time standard night shift is 3:30pm to 11:30pm Monday through Friday, OR you will have the option to work 3:30pm to 1:30am Monday through Thursday.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Positions available are on a rotation basis, full-time, part-time, and/or temporary workers needed.
- Stacking lumber from conveyor to carts by size, width and species.
- Stack mouldings and species according to specified quantity per bundle.
- Defect marking, using chop saw to remove defect, and running lumber through moulder.
- Completes production records indicating quantity, footage produced, profiles, species, etc.
- Pulling scrap pieces from working areas as needed.
- Performs banding functions securing piles for transporting.
- Performs inspection procedures of handling / banding equipment, changes tooling when worn.
- Other duties may be assigned; employees may be transferred to other departments as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to read and follow outlined production schedules.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience working in fast paced environment.
- Must be able to physically lift and or move up to 75 lbs; able to stand, twist and bend for long periods of time..
- High School Diploma or GED
- For part-time workers, must be able to provide available work times to supervisor in advance. Full time workers must be able to work the standard shift 7am-3:30pm, Mon-Fri, and overtime.
- Pass a Pre-Employment Drug Screen
Along with many opportunities for career growth, Ferche provides a comprehensive benefits package that supports our employees' wellness and financial security. Some of those benefits include the following.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options.
- Employer paid life and long term disability insurance.
- Additional voluntary insurances.
- Vacation accrual policy - eligible to use vacation after 90 days of employment.