Summary of Position:
Drives Gasoline, Diesel or Electric powered forklift to transport, load / unload incoming and outgoing freight. Transports raw materials to production equipment, warehouses and disposes of waste by performing the following duties efficiently and safely.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Drives forklift safely and efficiently following all work rules and safe operating procedures.
- Assist all other forklift drivers when time permits.
- Planning and organizing warehouse space to accommodate inventories such as finished goods, raw lumber sorting out wood species, thickness and lengths.
- Sorts out and organizes raw materials meeting the requirements of manufacturing production schedules and other process, such as lumber species, thickness and length, blank thickness, widths and lengths.
- Transports waste for disposal and to rework process.
- Communications, maintains effective relationships, communications with management and co-workers.
- Operates forklift in and out doors in all weather conditions and under spaces constraints.
- Pick up all 4x4 pilers and close warehouse doors at the end of shift.
- Assumes full responsibility for maintaining quality and minimize the damage to finished goods and raw materials during the transporting process, loading, unloading and material layout for production.
- Performs stacking functions, piling lumber from planner, arranging boards to make up sturdy units of a standard width for ease of transporting and storage.
- Performs banding functions securing piles for transporting.
- Performs reading and writing functions, interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, loading schedules, freight slips, and inventory and production reports.
- Inspects incoming freight inspecting for quantities, correctives of material, condition of freight and reports all inaccuracies and damage to management.
- Housekeeping functions, maintaining clean traffic or road ways through plant and in and out of warehouses, around loading docks and large entry doors.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months forklift operating experience and/or training.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Good safety record.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, drive and climb up and down off forklift. Occasionally walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Mechanically skilled, skilled in the operation and care of forklift machinery.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- The ability to work as a team member.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivated, quality conscious, positive attitude and opportunistic.
- Good attendance.
- The ability to work overtime when additional hours and production are required to meet customer delivery schedules.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Along with many opportunities for career growth, Ferche provides a comprehensive benefits package that supports our employees' wellness and financial security. Some of those benefits include the following.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance options.
- Employer paid life and long term disability insurance.
- Additional voluntary insurances.
- Vacation accrual policy - eligible to use vacation after 90 days of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.95-$18.12 per hour
- forklift operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Rice, MN 56367 (Required)
- Certified Forklift Operator (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible