Standard evening/night shift is 3:30pm to 11:30pm Monday through Friday; with the option to work 3:30pm to 1:30am Monday through Thursday.
Summary of Position:
The Prime Line Operator is expected to work with limited supervision in a team environment and perform many duties assigned by the supervisor. Must meet work and production schedules while producing products that meet customer specifications and expectations. Assumes responsibility of positions assigned, performs duties in a safe manner producing products meeting all quality standards and production output. Maintains communications associated with activities of the department and employee relationships supporting company goals
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Set up and operate prime line to produce finished mouldings that meet the requirements of the customer.
- Monitor priming operations in order to identify flaws such as blisters and streaks so that their causes can be corrected.
- Monitor application of primer to minimize waste of material.
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble pump and spray heads to maximize life span of equipment
- Dispose of hazardous waste in an appropriate manner.
- Assist in training and orientation of newly hired employees.
- Read production schedules, equipment and safety manuals and measuring instruments, must be able to fill out production reports.
- Determine ways to improve safety and efficiency of operating prime line, and quality of product.
- Repair defective material by sanding, puttying, touching-up defective product
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to operate machinery safely and determine when maintenance is needed.
- Experience in wood manufacturing or machine operating.
- Basic math skills: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to use hand tools and read a tape measure
- Must be able to physically lift and or move up to 75lbs frequently; stand, twist and bend for long periods of time.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
Along with many opportunities for career growth, Ferche provides a comprehensive benefits package that supports our employees' wellness and financial security. Some of those benefits include the following.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance options.
- Employer paid life and long term disability insurance.
- 401K with an employer match.
- Additional voluntary insurances.
- Vacation accrual policy - eligible to use vacation after 90 days of employment.
Job Type: Full-time