Summary of Position:
Operates assigned machinery and related equipment, maintains communications associated with activities of equipment, product and customer specifications. Assumes responsibility of assigned machinery, its mechanical condition and safe operation, performance in product quality and production output. Responsible for housekeeping, proper material utilization, employee relationships, and supports company goals. This position would also be a back-up forklift operator when needed. Advancement possible.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Specific duties vary depending on assigned machine; duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Reads work orders to determine machine set up and material requirements
- Performs inspections of tooling, inspecting for damage or wear and changes tooling when worn or damaged.
- Operates assigned machine, producing to customer specifications and following production schedule, periodically checks product for proper quality.
- Completes production records pertaining to assigned machine.
- Operates forklift as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to operate machinery safely and determine when maintenance is needed.
- Ability to operate a forklift, certification desired. Experience in wood manufacturing or machine operating.
- Basic math skills: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to use hand tools and read a tape measure
- Must be able to physically lift and or move up to 100lbs frequently; stand, twist and bend for long periods of time.
- Ability to operator a forklift.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to work scheduled shifts Monday through Friday, 7 am to 3:30pm, and overtime when necessary.
Along with many opportunities for career growth, Ferche provides a comprehensive benefits package that supports our employees' wellness and financial security. Some of those benefits include the following.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance options.
- Employer paid life and long term disability insurance.
- 401K with an employer match.
- Additional voluntary insurances.
- Vacation accrual policy - eligible to use vacation after 90 days of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
- forklift operating: 1 year (Preferred)
- machine operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Rice, MN 56367 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible