Summary of Position:
The Jamb Assembling/Kitting Worker is expected to work with limited supervision in a team environment and perform many duties assigned by the supervisor. Must meet truck schedules while assembling and kitting jamb sets quickly and accurately. Assumes responsibility of this position and performs duties in a safe manner while meeting good quality standards and accuracy. Maintains communications associated with all involved in the assembly process and CNC operations to obtain accuracy of jamb sets.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Read and understand orders that describe the jamb sets that are being assembled or kitted, knowing the difference between door swings and different types of machining.
- Be familiar with species of wood.
- Gather and bundle all components of jamb set orders for pre-finishing, gathering all items with accuracy to ensure all items needed for orders are included in the bundle.
- Assemble and kit all regular frames, machined frames, pre-finished frames, etc., to meet truck schedules as needed.
- Prioritize all jobs to complete jobs as needed.
- Communicate with CNC operators and shipping personnel to ensure accuracy of jamb sets.
- Use scanners and the computer on a daily basis to do unplanned moves, prod receipts, stock checks, etc.
- Able to follow order instructions and kitting specifications as set forth by each customer.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and able to perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time with repetitive twisting, bending, and lifting. The employee must regularly lift jamb sets up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds. Repetitive use of plastic hand wrappers. Ability to push and maneuver material filled carts regularly.
- High School Diploma or GED; or one to three months job related experience and/or training.
- Good attendance record.
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy; keep paperwork and material organized and work station clean and orderly.
- Ability to work well with others, work as a team member and have good communication skills.
- Be self-motivated, quality conscious, have a positive attitude and be opportunistic
- Be a forward thinker; and keep an open mind, be open to changes that arise in this ever-changing area of jamb assembly/kitting.
- Ability to use and read a tape measure accurately; skilled in the use of a nail gun, miter saw, and hand wrapper.
- Ability to use a computer and scanner
- Willing and able to work overtime as needed to complete jobs on time to meet truck schedules.
- Be willing to perform other duties as needed.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to work all scheduled shifts Monday through Friday, 7 am to 3:30pm, and overtime when necessary.
Along with many opportunities for career growth, Ferche provides a comprehensive benefits package that supports our employees' wellness and financial security. Some of those benefits include the following.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options.
- Employer paid life and long term disability insurance.
- 401k with an employer match.
- Additional voluntary insurances.
- Vacation accrual policy - eligible to use vacation after 90 days of employment.
- Paid holidays