The Forklift & Packaging Specialist is expected to work with limited supervision in a team environment and perform many duties assigned by the supervisor for the Ferche Frames Division. Must meet truck schedules while assembling and kitting jamb sets quickly and accurately. Assumes responsibility of this position and performs duties in a safe manner while meeting good quality standards and accuracy. Maintains communications associated with all involved in the assembly process and CNC operations to obtain accuracy of jamb sets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Read and understand orders that describe the jamb sets that are being assembled or kitted, knowing the difference between door swings and different types of machining.
Drives forklift safely and efficiently following all work rules and safe operating procedures. Assist all other forklift drivers when necessary and be the backup for them when absent.
Be familiar with species of wood.
Gather and bundle all components of jamb set orders for pre-finishing, gathering all items with accuracy to ensure all items needed for orders are included in the bundle.
Assemble and kit all regular frames, machined frames, pre-finished frames, etc., to meet truck schedules as needed.
Prioritize all jobs to complete jobs as needed.
Communicate with CNC operators and shipping personnel to ensure accuracy of jamb sets.
Use scanners and the computer on a daily basis to do unplanned moves, prod receipts, stock checks, etc.
Able to follow order instructions and kitting specifications as set forth by each customer.
Responsible for keeping work area clean and able to perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time with repetitive twisting, bending, and lifting. The employee must regularly lift materials up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Repetitive use of plastic hand wrappers. Ability to push and maneuver material filled carts regularly. Occasionally required to sit, drive and climb up and down off forklift.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Highschool diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months job related experience and/or training.
Forklift certification preferred.
· Good attendance record.
· Ability to work with a high level of accuracy; keep paperwork and material organized and work station clean and orderly.
· Ability to work well with others, work as a team member and have good communication skills.
· Ability to operate forklift safely and determine when maintenance is needed.
· Be self-motivated, quality conscious, have a positive attitude and be opportunistic
· Be a forward thinker; and keep an open mind, be open to changes that arise in this ever-changing area of jamb assembly/kitting.
· Ability to use and read a tape measure accurately; skilled in the use of a nail gun, miter saw, and hand wrapper.
· Ability to use a computer and hand-held scanner
· Willing and able to work overtime as needed to complete jobs on time to meet truck schedules.
· Basic math skills: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
· Be willing to perform other duties as needed.
· Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Along with many opportunities for career growth, Ferche provides a comprehensive benefits package that supports our employees' wellness and financial security. Some of those benefits include the following.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.50 - $17.00 per hour